Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Favorite Memory

One of my favorite and fondest memories would have to be my Senior prom in 2008.
I know lame right? Now that we all think of prom, it's like, what was the point, but at the time, it was pretty exciting?
Why is this a favorite memory? Because when I went to my senior prom, I somehow got crowned Prom Queen of the class of 2008. Weird right? It was kind of a big deal for me. Me being the kind of outcast I was, listening to different music, dressing differently, and all that jazz. But to tell you the truth, my senior year of high school, I really broke out of my shell. I was much more outgoing, I was as nice as I could be to everyone in school, and hello, I was graduating soon and getting out of that place!
I guess you could probably say that my favorite memory was my whole senior year of high school. We all had some pretty good times.
I had Advanced Math class with my favorite teacher ever, Mr. Dale. That was probably the best class in the history of that damn school. It was Mr. Dale, Me, my best friend Marit, my good guy friend from my class Brandon, and a couple of Juniors, Jon, whom I dearly love, Stephanie, and Alyssa, another junior who I totally loved. We had some pretty good, weird, and fun times in that class.
I remember our senior picnic in the back of the school. A number of us brought our cars back there, and while one was playing the music, the other was being used as something to sit on the tailgate of. Mine, being an El Camino, was naturally a seat. That was a good time. We grilled, bullshitted, (and don't tell the principal, but we most definitely snuck a little booze in our cars to drink). It was a pretty good time. The one thing I remember the most about that day is when my iPod was on shuffle and hooked up to one of my buddies car stereos, and the song "Steal My Sunshine" by Len came on. The entire class sang the song as loud as we could. The class in the windows next to us were laughing, but we didn't care. We were seniors, and we ruled the school. We were all so close, so parting ways on Graduation was pretty hard, but we're all over it now.

My senior year of high school would probably be one of my favorite memories of all time.
Took quite a turn there didn't it? I started writing about my senior prom, and it brought up a bunch of other memories. Funny how that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment